EuroGeoSurveys (EGS), The Geological Surveys of Europe, is a not-for-profit organisation representing 37 National Geological Surveys and some regional Surveys in Europe, an overall workforce of several thousand experts.
EuroGeoSurveys members, the National Geological Surveys, are public sector institutions carrying out operations and research in the field of geosciences. These organisations have a long tradition, in many cases more than 100 years, in collecting data, preparing information and conducting research focused on their national subsurface.
EuroGeoSurveys provides the European Institutions with expert, neutral, balanced and practical pan-European advice and information as an aid to problem-solving, policy, regulatory and programme formulation in areas such as:
• The use and the management of on- and off-shore natural resources related to the subsurface of the Earth, (energy, including the renewable geothermal energy; minerals and water, soils, underground space and land)
• The identification of natural hazards of geological origin, their monitoring and the mitigation of their impacts (deficit or excess of trace elements in soils and waters, earthquakes, natural emissions of hazardous gases, landslides and rockfalls, land heave and subsidence, shrinking and swelling clays
• Environmental management, waste management and disposal; land-use planning
• Sustainable urban development and safe construction
• e- government and the access to geoscientific metadata and data
• The development of interoperable and harmonised geoscientific data at the European scale
The portal of EuroGeoSurveys provides an access to geoscientific metadata, information and knowledge at European and national scales, following the links in the thematic pages. It also presents information on EuroGeoSurveys its activities and the Member Organizations.
EUROGEOSURVEYS – Answers and solutions to today’s geoscientific grand challenges
Download the NEW EuroGeoSurveys Brochure
Download the EuroGeoSurveys flyer